Today we released djay 4.2 for Mac, a free update for existing users of djay 4 with new features and a lot of improvements.
The changes include:
- Added AirPlay panel in main window (visible when AirPlay device is available)
- Added ability to send mix to multiple AirPlay devices
- Added new audio setup panel when connecting multi-channel audio devices (e.g. Vestax Spin 2)
- Added native support for more MIDI controllers:
Reloop Terminal Mix 2/4, Reloop Beatmix, Reloop Mixage IE, Denon DN-SC2000, Hercules DJ Control Air
- Added MIDI mapping actions
- Changed non touch-sensitive MIDI jog wheels to scratch during playback (the previous pitch-bend behavior can be enabled using “Jog Pitch Bend Mode” in the MIDI options menu)
- Changed MIDI jog wheel pitch-bend to scratch while record is paused
- Changed “Move Library Selection” MIDI actions to not wrap around at beginning/end of song list
- Improved iTunes library loading performance
- Improved VoiceOver accessibility for song list and Automix Queue
- Fixed artwork loading and export to iTunes issues on OS X 10.8.2
- Fixed library access issue with songs on multiple external partitions
- Fixed cue pause issue
- Fixed gain being reset when “Reset EQ/Effects/Controls” preference is off
- Fixed MIDI mappings for certain controllers not being saved
- Fixed selected samples folder always reverting to “djay Sample Pack”
- Further stability and performance improvements
Learn more about using MIDI controllers with djay
djay 4.2 is a free update for all users of djay 4.
djay 4 is available exclusively via the Mac App Store for $19.99.
We’re looking forward to your continued feedback via the djay Facebook page or @Algoriddim on Twitter.